In this course, you will learn the difference between a bank and a credit union. You will learn about the types of accounts available through financial institutions and the fees that are associated with the use of those accounts. Then you will learn how to read a bank statement and how to balance your accounts. Finally, you will learn how to use a check register to track their income and spending.
- Know what a bank is and the services it provides.
- Know what a credit union is and the services it provides.
- Know the types of accounts available through financial institutions and will recognize the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Know the services available through financial institutions.
- Understand the fees associated with financial institutions and why they are incurred.
- Use a check register to record their incomes and expenses.
- Use a check register and bank statement to balance their banking accounts.
- Workbook- Life Skills: Banking and Savings
- Computer and Projector for Videos
- Internet for Student Research
This course comes with a single use download for the course workbook. Use of any files must comply with the one time use license to download, print, and use this workbook for the course you have enrolled in.
You can also purchase a full color and saddle stitched workbook with the course included. These workbooks are designed to be kept as a learning resource and as a reference in the future.