At some point in your life you will likely need to go to court. It may be for a ticket or crime that you have committed, or perhaps you are being summoned to participate on a Jury. Any of these experiences can cause some fear and consternation. This course is designed to help you understand a little more about what goes on in a court, the crimes you can be charged with, and how to properly present yourself.
- Learn about tickets.
- Understand different classifications of crimes.
- How to behave if they are stopped by a police officer.
- Know what it means to be sued and how to sue.
- Be able to select an appropriate attorney.
- Design a proper outfit to wear to court.
- Know their civic responsibilities as a member of the jury.
- Student access to internet
- Workbook- Life Skills: The Courts
- Computer and Projector for Videos
This lesson is designed to take 5 days, but it can be lengthened or shortened according to the specific needs of your class.