Students will track the food they eat for one week. They will understand the basic nutrition requirement for healthy living and know what a calorie is and what their recommended daily calorie intake is. They will then learn how to plan and price a meal plan, learn about weights and measures, and will learn how to double recipes and how to cut them in half.
- Successfully track what they ate over the course of a week.
- Accurately divide the food they eat into their appropriate food group categories.
- Use a chart to identify their personal recommended daily calorie intake.
- Identify the number of calories in a serving of the foods they commonly eat.
- Plan a one-week menu that is healthy and nutritious.
- Correctly price the cost of the weekly menu they created.
- Know the equivalent weights and measures commonly used for measuring food.
- Accurately calculate the cost comparison between items of different weights or measure.
- Use math to accurately double a recipe.
- Use math to accurately cut a recipe in half.
- Know substitutions that can be used for common ingredients.
This course comes with a single use download for the course workbook. Use of any files must comply with the one time use license to download, print, and use this workbook for the course you have enrolled in.
You can also purchase a full color and saddle stitched workbook with the course included. These workbooks are designed to be kept as a learning resource and as a reference in the future.