Most of the decisions we make about our future career and income potential are made during and right after we finish High School. This time of our life can be so important to our future, and yet many are unaware of the choices that are available to them.
During this course you will explore some different pathways you can consider for life after you graduate High School. You will explore college, armed services, and vocational education. You will learn about some of the benefits of each pathway and will also learn about the things you need to be aware of so you don’t make any mistakes.
- Understand accreditation and select colleges based on accreditation.
- Learn about the different levels of college degrees.
- Compare and choose colleges based on specific criteria.
- Learn about grants, scholarships, and other ways to pay for college.
- Understand and select standardized tests that help accomplish specific goals.
Armed Services Path
- Learn the differences between branches of the armed services.
- Learn about ROTC programs and officer and enlisted pathways.
- Learn about the organization and hierarchy of the Army and explore similar organizations in other branches of the armed services.
- Learn about successful career paths that do not include college.
- Select vocational schools or training based on interests.
- Workbook- Life Skills: Life After High School
- Computer and Projector for Videos
- Computer for Students
You can also purchase a full color and saddle stitched workbook with the course included. These workbooks are designed to be kept as a learning resource and as a reference in the future.