The ability to have a reliable food source during any season of the year has been critical to the development of modern society. In our day, the art of accumulating and storing food which was common only a century ago is not now commonly known. This course will teach you of the different methods of storing food and will give you an opportunity to store food yourself.
- Learn about food storage
- Learn how to buy in bulk.
- Be able to interpret shelf life.
- Use the following foods storage methods:
- Fruit Leather
- Canning (Water Bath and Pressure)
- Freeze drying
- Workbook- Life Skills: Food Storage
- Computer and Projector for Videos
- Various Foods for Storing, Other Food Storage Related Items
This lesson is designed to take 14 days, but it can be lengthened or shortened according to the specific needs of your class.