Emergencies and unexpected things happen to everyone. The way to avoid disaster in an emergency is to prepare. Although it may be impossible to prepare for everything that could happen to you, it is easy to make preparations for things you can expect will happen where you live. Someone from Alaska should be prepared for snow, and someone from California should be prepared for earthquakes, and the gulf should expect a hurricane. This course will help you know how to prepare yourself for emergencies so you are safe.
- Learn about Emergency Preparedness.
- Prepare a disaster survival kit.
- Make evacuation plans.
- Design and prepare for the following emergencies:
- Student access to internet
- Workbook- Life Skills: Emergency Preparedness
- Computer and Projector for Videos
This lesson is designed to take 8 days, but it can be lengthened or shortened according to the specific needs of your class.