This lesson teaches students how to plan for a road trip. They will calculate travel costs, hotel costs, and time zones.
- Calculate the cost of gas based on miles per gallon, miles traveled, and gas costs.
- Learn to read public transportation schedules.
- How to calculate the cost of a hotel room.
- Understand the basics of currency conversion.
Ideas for Teaching
- Encourage students to discuss meal plans and to go shopping with their parents.
- Invite a nutrition expert to talk to your class.
- Gather ads from local grocery stores and let the students compare price.
- Gas Price by City
With the proliferation of digital media, it is surprising how many people don’t know how to tell time on a watch. Just for fun, lets see how good you are: