Students will learn about stocks and their role in the Stock Market. They will learn how to calculate the changing value of stock as demand rises and falls.
- Know what the stock market is.
- Describe what stocks are.
- Know why stock prices change.
- Know how to research and compare company stock prices.
- Know what mutual funds are.
- Perform buy and sell scenarios based on company reports.
Math Skills Being Utilized
- Critical Thinking
- Comparing Numbers
- Basic Math Facts
Ideas for Teaching
- Show students actual market data.
- Pick a stock at the start of class and record it’s price. Track that stock through the day and through the week.
- Discuss the risk and rewards of the stock market, and talk about playing the market, or gambling, versus investing in the market.
- Give students a bonus if they present their projects in class.
Course Pacing Guide