This lesson expands the concepts of unit sales and percents by teaching students how to design and sell a Marshmallow Shooter.
- Research and develop costs of parts for a Marshmallow Shooter.
- Calculate the waste of material.
- Determine the sales price and profits for the toy.
Math Skills Being Utilized
- Multiply digits and decimal, addition and subtraction.
- Unit Price Calculations
- Using Percentages
Ideas For Teaching
- Have students build the shooter for a bonus.
- Do statistical evaluations for accuracy and consistency. This can be used in later lessons.
- Does a long barrel do better than a short barrel?