Students will research and acquire necessary medical insurance to understand how insurance can help to achieve relative financial and medical safety in the real world.
- Know where to research insurance
- Know what items to look for when comparing insurance
- Compare insurance plans and make a recommendation for which they would purchase based on specific criteria
Math skills being utilized
- Critical thinking
- Numerical comparison
- Using simple probability when making decisions
Ideas for teaching
- Set up medical insurance in the Financial Tracking Software and randomly give them illnesses they must pay for each Friday.
- Show students actual insurance policies.
- Have them bring policies of their own from home.
- Discuss how choosing a lower paying job with better insurance compares to a higher paying job with poor insurance.
Course Pacing Guide