During this course you will learn about the different ways an employer can calculate your pay. Such as getting paid by the hour, getting paid tips, or earning commission on sales. We will show you how to calculate your pay and will help you understand some of the things on your paycheck that the government is making you pay for. Finally, we will discuss direct deposit and help you to start thinking about having a bank or credit union account.
- Understand how their paycheck is calculated including Hourly, Salary, Tips, and Commission.
- Understand what withholding’s are taken out of their paychecks and what amounts those withholding’s should be.
- Understand what a Paycheck Stub tell them about their income and deductions.
- Understand how to complete a W-4 and a Direct Deposit form.
- Workbook- Life Skills: Income
- Computer and Projector for Videos
This course comes with a single use download for the course workbook. Use of any files must comply with the one time use license to download, print, and use this workbook for the course you have enrolled in.
You can also purchase a full color and saddle stitched workbook with the course included. These workbooks are designed to be kept as a learning resource and as a reference in the future.