Students will learn how to get a job, and how to fill out their time cards. They will also review adding and subtracting decimals.
- Know the course requirements.
- Be prepared to get a job.
- Be able to fill out a time card.
- Complete a job application.
- Practice interviewing strategies.
- Schedule, dress for, and successfully complete a job interview.
- Review adding and subtracting decimals.
Math Skills Being Utilized
- Critical Thinking
- Comparing Numbers
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
Ideas for Teaching
- Show students your own resume.
- Remind them that work experience can include volunteer work and even babysitting.
- Tell stories about jobs you have had, or invite students with jobs to share their personal experiences.
- Invite a local employer or hiring manager to talk to the class.