The ability to have a reliable food source during any season of the year has been critical to the development of modern society. In our day, the art of accumulating and storing food which was common only a century ago is not now commonly known. This course will teach you of the different methods of storing food and will give you an opportunity to store food yourself.
- Learn about food storage
- Learn how to buy in bulk.
- Be able to interpret shelf life.
- Use the following foods storage methods:
- Fruit Leather
- Canning (Water Bath and Pressure)
- Freeze drying
- Workbook- Life Skills: Food Storage
- Computer and Projector for Videos
- Various Foods for Storing, Other Food Storage Related Items
This course comes with a single use download for the course workbook. Use of any files must comply with the one time use license to download, print, and use this workbook for the course you have enrolled in.
You can also purchase a full color and saddle stitched workbook with the course included. These workbooks are designed to be kept as a learning resource and as a reference in the future.