During this lesson students will be introduced to various aspects of purchasing a home either as a primary residence or as an investment. They will be taught where to find home listings and how to compare different homes.
- Know the steps to finding and purchasing a house
- Compare houses by various criteria
Math skills being utilized
- Calculating area
- Creating designs based on area
- Evaluating values of different homes
Ideas for teaching
- Show students various home designs and different places to purchase homes.
- Take a field trip to look a homes for sale in your area.
- Invite a Realtor in to discuss home buying with students.
- Discuss different careers around home design, construction, sales, and financing.
Course Pacing Guide