During this lesson students will be introduced to various aspects of purchasing a home either as a primary residence or as an investment. They will be taught where to find home listings and how to compare different homes.
- Know the steps to finding and purchasing a house.
- Compare houses by various criteria.
Math Skills Being Utilized
- Calculating Area
- Creating designs based on area.
- Evaluating values of different homes.
Ideas for Teaching
- Show students various home designs and different places to purchase homes.
- Take a field trip to look a homes for sale in your area.
- Invite a Realtor in to discuss home buying with students.
- Discuss different careers around home design, construction, sales, and financing.
Course Pacing Guide