During this lesson students will be introduced to purchasing a car. They will learn about dealerships pricing, some negotiation strategies, and where to research book values of cars.
- Know the definition of, and where to find, the asking price, book value, trade in value, and private party value of a car
- Research vehicle reliability
- Research vehicle prices and purchase options
- Know how to price new cars with options
Math skills being utilized
- Critical thinking
- Comparing numbers
- Using research data to make decisions
Ideas for teaching
- Show students pamphlets from auto dealers.
- Search “Kelly Blue Book” or “Edmunds” to compare cars.
- Have students debate the different qualities of cars.
- Have students try to sell cars to each other.
Course Pacing Guide