Students will research car insurance to understand how insurance can help to achieve relative financial, liability and vehicle safety in the real world.
- Describe automobile insurance.
- Explain the difference between liability and full coverage.
- Explain coverage limits.
- Select an insurance policy based on basic criteria.
Math Skills Being Utilized
- Critical Thinking
- Comparing cost, benefits, and risks of different scenarios.
Ideas for Teaching
- Set up automobile insurance in the Financial Tracking Software and randomly give them accidents they must pay for each Friday.
- Show students various insurance policies and have them bring their own policies from home.